- Overview of the User ID
- Adding a User ID Security Level Requirements and Access
- Steps to Creating a New User ID
This article is meant to assist you with adding a User ID. A User ID is required to be able to access extendedReach. If you have a question not addressed here, you can contact support at email@example.com.
Overview of the User ID
Accessing the extendedReach software system requires a User ID. This is the first step in adding a new hire to the system. An employee would require only a User ID if they need to access the system only. If an employee will be working with cases within the eR system, they will require a staff profile, as well. For assistance with Adding a Staff Profile, please see Related Articles.
Adding a User ID Security Level Requirements and Access
You must be an Agency Administrator to access “Administration” on the left side of your Workspace. Go to “Organization Settings” and click on “User IDs”.
Image: “Organization Settings User ID Access Screen”
3 Steps to Creating a New User ID
1. Within User IDs, click on “Add User ID”.
Image: “User ID Add User Screen”
2. Fill out login and User ID information.
Required fields are highlighted, while optional fields are not.
Image: “User ID General Screen”
Fill out the required (highlighted) fields in the User Information section.
Image: “User ID Info Screen”
|Last name of the staff member
|First name of the staff member
|Staff member’s middle initial
|Organization the staff member belongs to. NOTE: if a staff member needs to be relocated to a new organization, their User ID will need to be deleted and re-created under the correct organization.
|Job title of the staff member
Image: “User ID Login Screen”
|Use the work email address provided to the staff member. This will be the email address used to login to the system
|Password and Confirm Password
|You can create other password rules in Organization Preferences.
|Force Password Change on Next Login
|This will be checked automatically, so the user selects their own password (instead of your default password) the next time they log in
|Send Welcome Email
|You can check this, so the user will receive an email with all login instructions.
|Create and link Staff Profile
|You can check this if you would like a linked Staff Profile to be created for this user
|Create and link Inbox
|You can check this if you would like a linked inbox to be created for this user
Role and Display: Designate the Role of user and select the Display you wish the user to view on their Workspace.
- “Active Referrals portlet”- If you check this, the user will see all active referrals on their Workspace.
- “Awaiting Approval portlet”- If you check this, the user will see all reports awaiting approval on their Workspace.
- Show only medical information in case file. This option is for medical subcontractors.
Image: “User ID Workspace Admin Screen”
- “All cases (vs. just cases assigned to me)” – If you check this, the worker will see all cases on their Workspace.
- “All licensed homes (vs. just homes assigned to me)” – If you check this, the worker will see all licensed homes on their Workspace.
- “Active Referrals portlet” – If you check this, the worker will see all active referrals on their Workspace.
Image: “User ID Workspace Worker Screen”
- “Only workers I supervise and reports I need to approve” – If you check this, the supervisor will see only workers they supervise and reports they need to approve on their Workspace. If they wish, however, they can still access this information under “Cases” on the left side of their screen.
- “All workers but only reports I need to approve” – If you check this, the supervisor will see all workers, but only the reports they need to approve on their Workspace. If they wish, however, they can still access all “Case Tasks”
- “Awaiting Approval” under “Cases” on the left side of their screen.
- “Active Referrals portlet” – If you check this, the supervisor will see all active referrals on their Workspace.
- “Awaiting Approval portlet” – If you check this, the supervisor will see all cases awaiting approval on their Workspace.
Image: “User ID Workspace Supervisor Screen”
Use the Homes field to type in and select the names of the homes or facilities that the house worker/parent should have access to.
Image: “User ID Workspace House Worker/Parent Screen”
Image: “User ID Other Options”
- Weekly Status Email: Your agency can choose to send weekly emails to varying groups including cases and homes.
- File Manager: eR Plugin is the default. This is extendedReach’s proprietary software that allows users to edit documents right in the eR database.
- Download Folder: This is the location extendedReach temporarily holds your file while you edit it in eR Plugin.
Image: “Security Rights”
|A group with set permissions can be configured and applied to a User ID
|“Administrator” indicates the level of security this user will have. You can either select Full Administrator, Restricted Administrator, or no administrative access
|By selecting a profile for this user, the system will auto-populate roles typically performed. You are able to then adjust the selections by checking or un-checking roles.
|When an asterisk * is next to a navigation permission is allows Organization Wide access
|You are also able to adjust “Miscellaneous Permissions” for the user you are adding, if you wish.
3. Press SAVE to complete Adding a User ID
Image: “User ID Save”
If you selected the Create and link Inbox in Step 2 “Login Information” an inbox will be created for this user once you press SAVE.