In extendedReach, each sibling’s information is maintained in a separate case record.
If a child is part of a sibling group, they should be “linked” to their siblings using a “Sibling Group ID” on the Case Record > People Tab.
For case records already in the system, the same “Sibling Group ID” must be entered on each sibling group member’s Case Record on the People Tab.
When referring or adding a new sibling group, add the first sibling group member and create a Sibling Group ID on the People tab and save the record. Then edit the record of first sibling group member and go to the People Tab and click the “Add Sibling” button to add additional siblings. Clicking the Add Sibling button will generate a new record with some case information defaulted for the new sibling member. Save the new record and click “Add Sibling” on any of the sibling group members’ records to add additional sibling members.
Linking sibling cases provides the following benefits :
- Move all or some siblings at once to an initial or subsequent placement
- Copy social work contacts and reports to all or some siblings
- Apply changes in information (such as a rate changes) across the entire sibling group
- Discharge all siblings at the same time
- Sibling split-tracking – determine which siblings are placed together (or split)